Thank you for your support
Now the new year has begun, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on 2014 and everything you helped us achieve last year.
Our supporters did amazing things to fundraise for SLaM in 2014. There was an abseil down a 100ft building, a swim in the Thames, a miniature art exhibition, a pub quiz and our dedicated runners took part in the Bupa 10,000, Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon and Virgin Money London Marathon. We’re so grateful to all of our fundraisers, donors, volunteers and advocates who help us to make a difference to people with mental health issues.
Thanks to generous donations, these are some of the projects that have been funded this year:
- A new Recovery College which provides a range of free educational courses and resources for people with experience of mental illness, from service users to their family, friends and staff, to improve understanding of mental health.
- The Four in Ten peer support group which provides a safe place where lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people with mental health problems can socialise, share experiences and support one another.
- The SHARE Project which prepares people to speak about their mental health experiences in public, empowering them to help themselves and others.
- CoolFruit, a digital magazine run by CoolTan Arts, that enables adults with mental health issues to express their creativity and learn new transferable skills.
- The Dementia Monologues, a series of films about dementia that address some of the myths and misconceptions surrounding the disease, as well as serve as an educational tool.
We couldn’t do it without you – thank you.
Let’s make 2015 even better. Why not take on a new challenge this year and raise money for SLaM?